Minutes of the District 18 Board
Present: President Ian Martindale, ID; Vice President Andy Anderson, SK;
Treasurer Doug Adair, UT; Secretary Ken Scott, AB; Mary Jo Brown, MT; Pam Padgett, WY; Dick Anderson, ACBL Board of Directors; Claire Jones, D18 Tournament Coordinator & Webmaster; Steve Bates, D18 Tournament Director.
Absent: Marie Jolley, GNT & NAOP Coordinator
1. The meeting was called to order by President Martindale at 4:50 p.m.
2. Minutes of the September 25, 2008 meeting in Idaho Falls, ID were presented as previously circulated. Moved by Ken Scott, 2nd by Mary Jo Brown that the minutes be approved. Carried
3. Business arising from the minutes:
· The ‘Guideline’ was discussed in terms of Caddy Fees, and in view of the new minimum wage law in Alberta, it was Moved by Ken Scott, 2nd by Andy Anderson that the caddy fee in Canada be raised to $40 per session effective immediately (hence applying for the forthcoming GNT). The caddy fee at US Regionals remains at $35. Carried
· The ‘Guideline’ was further discussed in terms of Junior Fees, and it was Moved by Ken Scott, 2nd by Doug Adair that the per session fee for Juniors (those under age 26) be $5 at US Regionals and $6 at Canadian Regionals. Carried
Ken advised that he would update the Regional Guideline and send to Claire for the website.
· Pencils advertising the 2010 D18 Regionals have been purchased (approximately $430 plus shipping for 2500) and will be distributed within the D18 Region by Board Members and the Head Director. It was agreed that the pencils are popular and an effective way to promote our Regionals and that for 2011 the order be increased from 2500 to 5000.
· The WASUMI ad for future Regionals was updated and sent to D19 for their forthcoming DINO Newsletter but was unfortunately not included in their Spring issue. The D18 ad will be updated and submitted for the next issue.
4. Doug Adair presented the Treasurer’s report. Moved by Doug Adair, 2nd by Ken Scott that the Treasurer’s report be accepted. Carried
5. Report from ACBL Board. Dick Anderson provided an update on activity at ACBL head office. The new headquarters will be located about 15 minutes south in Garden City, Mississippi. Dick also advised that ACBL has approved the option to stratify using average masterpoints for pairs games (not including stratiflighted events) at Sectional and Regional tournaments. Dick’s full report is available on WASUMI.org.
Moved by Pam Padgett 2nd by Ken Scott that the report be accepted. Carried
6. D18 Tournament Coordinator’s Report. Claire Jones reviewed progress by Tournament Committees for 2010, 2011, and 2012 Regionals. He advised that locations and dates are firming up for 2012. Following is information available:
Moved by Mary Jo Brown 2nd by Pam Padgett that the report be accepted. Carried
7. Webmaster’s report. Moved by Mary Jo Brown, 2nd by Ken Scott that the Webmaster’s report be accepted. Carried
8. New Business
· Congratulations to two D18 Youth players who achieved ACBL’s top 25 for 2008. Thomas Walsh of Saskatoon placed 8th, and Stephen Dauphinais of Edmonton placed 22nd.
9. Next Meeting: Thursday, October 1, 2009, Saskatoon, SK, Saskatoon Inn and Conference Centre
10. Motion to adjourn by Mary Jo Brown. Adjournment at 6:50 p.m.
This page is maintained by the WasumiGuy
Last updated: May 23, 2010