Minutes of the District 18 Board
Present: President Ian Martindale, ID, Vice President Barry Pritchard, AB, Secretary Mary Jo Brown, MT, Treasurer Kerma Jones, UT, Floyd Hawley, WY, Andy Anderson, SK, ACBL Board of Directors Richard Anderson, D18 Tournament Coordinator & Web Master Claire Jones, D18 GNT & NAP Coordinator Marie Jolley, D18 Tournament Director Steve Bates, Bill Parks, Pittsburg, PA (Guest).
1. The meeting was called to order at 4:55 p.m. by President Ian Martindale.
2. Minutes of the April 21, 2006 meeting in Moose Jaw, SK were circulated and read.
Moved by Richard Anderson, 2nd by Barry Pritchard the minutes be approved as presented. Carried
3. Richard Anderson stated that Calgary is still being considered as a site for the 2012 NABC if the finances can be worked out.
4. Moved by Richard Anderson, 2nd by Barry Pritchard that the fees per session at U.S. Regionals in D18 be set at $10:00 retroactively to Boise. Carried
5. Kerma Jones circulated and explained the treasurerís report. Moved by Floyd Hawley, 2nd by Andy Anderson the treasurerís report be accepted. Carried
6. Bill Parks discussed the liability insurance available to district and unit officers through the ACBL. There is no cost to units or districts and he would like to have all of the units in D18 sign up. This can be done by Email.
7. Moved by Floyd Hawley, 2nd by Richard Anderson to get more facts in the case brought before the board by Ted Hoff. Tabled until the meeting tomorrow.
8. Richard Anderson reported the ACBL is in good shape for the most part.
9. Web Master Claire Jones requested that inactive trophies be removed from the WASUMI. Ideas for the web site were requested. Mary Jo Brown was asked to prepare a poster showing the uses of the WASUMI for Sun Valley.
10.D18 Tournament Coordinator Claire Jones requested that Sectional Tournaments are encouraged to be sanctioned a year in advance as per ACBL regulations. Moved by Richard Anderson, 2nd by Mary Jo Brown to accept scheduling for Casper, Moose Jaw, and Montana as proposed by Claire Jones. Carried
Moved by Claire Jones, 2nd by Andy Anderson to amend Guidelines to have Regional flyers out one year in advance. Carried
11. GNT Coordinator Marie reported on the Grand National Teams. A recommendation from Steve Lawrence was read and discussed. Moved by Mary Jo Brown, 2nd by Richard Anderson to hold the 2007 GNT in Calgary May18-20 with teams going on to let Marie know by June 1 allowing for travel payment before departure. Carried
12. Moved by Richard Anderson, 2nd by Barry Pritchard to reimburse the Tournament Coordinator & Web Master the same amount as state and provincial representatives to attend D18 board Meetings. Carrried
13. Moved by Floyd Hawley to recess until 5:00 p.m. Friday, September 22, 2006.
District 18 Board Reconvened September 22, 2006
Present: President Ian Martindale, ID, Vice President Barry Pritchard, AB, Secretary Mary Jo Brown, MT, Treasurer Kerma Jones, UT, Floyd Hawley, WY, ACBL Board of Directors Richard Anderson, GNT & NAP Coordinator Marie Jolley. Absent: Andy Anderson, SK, D18 Tournament Director Steve Bates, D18 Tournament Coordinator & Web Master Claire Jones.
1. The meeting was called to order at 5:05 p.m. by President Ian Martindale.
2. Having determined that a hearing is in order in the case brought before the board by Ted Hoff. Mary Jo Brown was requested to facilitate a committee hearing to be held in Billings or Great Falls following ACBL procedures.
3. The purpose of having a second meeting was to discuss promotion of tournaments and recruitment of new players. Moved by Kerma Jones, 2nd by Mary Jo Brown to raise the hospitality budget to $5.25 US and $6.00 Canadian per table effective in Sun Valley. Carried
4. To advertise and print results in the printed media we will allot $135 Canadian and $120 US per month. This includes sending winners names to their hometown papers.Moved by Barry Pritchard, 2nd by Dick Anderson to place an ad for all D18 Regionals in D19 Dino and Western Conference publications not to exceed $150 US per publication. Carried
5. Moved by Mary Jo Brown, 2nd by Floyd Hawley to revisit in Sun Valley to evaluate progress of promotions. Carried
Barry Pritchard will conduct a survey in Sun Valley to aid in assessing the results of promotional efforts.
6. Moved by Richard Anderson to adjourn. Adjournment at 6: 58 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Mary Jo Brown
This page is maintained by the WasumiGuy
Last updated: May 22, 2010